Everyone wants to be famous, is this right?

Hey guys, how are you?

Last week I had a very long discussion with my family about being famous and now I want to ask you what you think about it.

At first, we talked about the reasons why people want to be famous. The main reason is maybe that famous people get a lot of attention because they are rich. But also a good side of being famous is that you can support your family and do your hobby as a job and so you have a lot of fun at work. However, when you are rich, you have much money and when you have much money, you can go on expensive holidays and pay for expensive things, for example, clothes, accessories or jewellery. But would you want to have this life?

Do you think there are only positive sides? No! There are many negative aspects of this lifestyle. You must be careful with your friends, maybe they are only fake friends. And they are only friends when you have much money. It could also happen that you take some drugs or other things because of the stress. And when you are famous, you immediately have stress, for example, because of the rumours or the haters, the stage of fame or that you aren’t allowed to make any mistakes. Every time there are some paparazzi around you and so they know everything and you are in public most of the time. Your privacy is very limited. It can also happen that you fall and then you are nor famous anymore, then you see who your real friends are.

What do you think about it? I am of the opinion that being famous can be great for a short moment, but if I could choose, I would not want to be popular. But there are people who love being in the spotlight.

This was my opinion, now it’s your turn! Write your opinion below and leave a comment.

Yours,

Sarah

4 thoughts on “Everyone wants to be famous, is this right?”

1. Hey Sarah,

I really enjoyed reading your blog. It’s very interesting, because it includes much information and points of view, that many people don’t see at all. I like that you really respond to the two different sides (the positive and negative side).
    I am of your opinion. It’s difficult to find real friends. As you said, you must be careful with your friends, when you are famous. Therefore, I think the best thing is to keep the friends that are with you from the beginning, because they already knew you when you were unfamous. But supported you nevertheless.
    It’s important to have real friends around you that push you more and more. But what is a real friend? These days people don’t know the real meaning of the word “friend”. A real friend is someone who supports you, who’s always honest to you and loyal behind your back. These are only three things out of a hundred.
    I think you can always get addicted to drugs, not espacially when you are famous. A regular job can also be very stressful for someone. Maybe you are more exposed to the temptation than people with a regular job. I think it depends on yourself, the peolpe around you and your situation.
    I totally agree with you on privacy. As a famous, you almost have no privacy. This is so important. I think if you have none and everyone knows everything about you, then you’re mentally done.
    If I can choose between being famous and being unfamous, I’d rather choose being unfamous. It’s a more humble life.

Best wishes,
    leoniema

2. Hey Sarah!

I really liked your blog so I wanted to leave a comment. I liked how you told about the discussion with your family. I talked about that topic with my family too and they share your point of view too.

You said, that some people might want to be famous because of the attention they get. I am sure there are some people out there who might want that kind of attention, but I think the attention you get is in most cases more likely to be exhausting.
    Another point I wanted to talk about is the “fake friends”-topic. I totally agree with your statements. I am sure that you will have a lot of fake friends if you are famous or if you have a lot of money. You just have to look around you… Even in our sourroundings we know some people who have fake friends. Sometimes for the dumbest reasons. I think you really brought that to the point: “It can happen that you fall and then you are not famous anymore, then you can see who your true friends are.” I think thta’s a very good phrase.

The privacy situation is a very hard thing for famous people. I’m sure they are always surrounded by paparazzi just like you said.

All in all I have to say I loved your blog. I’d like to hear more from you!

Yours
    Julika

3. Hayy Sarah!

Thank you for asking, I’m good and you?

I’ve loved to read you blog and i’d like to say something.
    I can fully agree with your opinion. There are so many negative sides of being famous, especially the stress. Some famous people must be very lonely because they don’t know whom to trust. I don’t wanna be famous because i have to much anxiety to get depression or something like that. There is so much required of famous people and i don’t like that lifestyle. I can also agree to your opinion about the short moment and great feeling of being famous.

Love,
    Angie

4. Hey Sarah,

I have stumbled across your blog and I must say that I totally agree with your opinion. I think being famous could be very nice in one way. You have a lot of money and can do everything you want with your money. In addition, you like that what you’re famous for, because it’s probably your hobby which you turned into your job.
    But – as you wrote – there are so many disadvantages that should also be considered. As a celebrity, it’s very likely that you only have friends because you are rich. Furthermore, it’s very dangerous when famous people start using drugs, because they can’t handle the stress anymore.
    I must say that I really love your blog and your own opinion on this interesting topic.
    Thank you that you also pointed out the disadvantages of being famous!
    I’m looking forward to more blog entries from you!

Yours,
    Lena