Ready for fame?

A warm welcome to you guys! In this blog, I will talk about the pros and cons of being famous. I hope you will enjoy reading my blog.

First, I will tell you some reasons why people still want to be famous, which means I’m going to give you some examples. Secondly, I want to talk about the negative aspects and the possible dangers and finally, I will tell you some problems which celebrities really have.

So, let’ start with my first point. A lot of people still want to be famous because they only see the goods sides, for example, the money, which is one of the main reasons why still so many people want to be famous. In addition, the connections and the jet-set lifestyle are also something that makes a few people jealous because of their own boring life.

To my second point, isn’t it true that probably all of us, at least once in their life, have dreamed of being famous? It’s nothing unusual but most of the time, we only see the good sides of being famous, the negatives aspects are usually swept under the carpet. Only a few celebrities have made public what problems they had to figure out because of their constantly growing fame. Let’s name some known problems of our stars such as no privacy, drugs, stress. These are only a few problems but some serious ones. Can you imagine what pressure is on you if you must be happy 24/7 or if you have to check social media every five seconds? No? Then you don’t know what being famous really is about. For us, it sounds great to be present on social media and have thousands of followers but for a real “star” this is a tough job. It’s not as simple as most of the people think because of the anonymity on the Internet, there are many haters and I dare to say that this is something which destroys a human’s soul. Lots of people write really nasty and mean comments and they don’t even waste a second thinking about how much this can hurt people.

Last but not least, I want to talk about further problems which some celebrities have. I have already mentioned a few problems, now I would like to list some more important problems. Have you ever thought about what life is like for the children of the stars? No? Then please read the following carefully. The kids of the stars are often stuck in prejudice. For example, that these children are always arrogant and no longer appreciate the material value of some stuff. Famous kids have been watched by the media from the start, regardless of whether the parents want it or not.

Since I have dealt with the negative sides of being famous, I don’t want to be famous myself anymore because I have seen how many dark sides it entails.

Twitter, Facebook, Miteinander

Please leave a comment

Julia Pratter

3 thoughts on “Ready for fame?”

1. Hi Julia,
    I really like your blog post. You know, I’ve never considered the downsides of being famous – until I started a career in local politics.
    Now, of course being a local politician can it be compared to being a global star, but even so – town politics make you become more visible than a private person for sure. Suddenly, things you’d have discussed with your friends become a public issue.
    In my experience, being a figure of public interest is especially challenging for women. Not only are your looks a topic of discussion but also I feel that women who are visible to the public are more often a target of rage than men are.
    What do you think? Do you think there’s a difference between men and women when it comes to being a person of public interest?
    Have a nice day,
    Elke

2. Hey Julia,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog and you pointed out a lot of good reasons why beeing famous isn’t good, but I would like to change your mindset a little bit.
    There is a way to become famous without having to deal with as much stress and so on. Have you heard of “one hit wonders”? I mean normally it isn’t meant to be so but there are people who get famous with for example one song and you don’t hear anything from them after their song is out of the charts.
    Would you consider beeing a “one hit wonder” even though you’ve experienced the dark sides?
    Best wishes,

Jürgen Unger

1. Dear Jürgen,

I can totally relate to “one-hit wonders” because I’ve heard so much about people who became popular overnight and had a lot of money, but very, very many of them ended up being broke because they couldn’t deal with their high and fame. So many of them lost all their money and now have to perform on stages you don’t even want to think of. They have to take every job because they need the money to pay off their debts. And then they show up in all the RTL or RTL2 shows, participate in Big Brother or Djungle camp and there is one scandal after the other. It’s disgusting.

Thanks for bringing up this topic.

Best,

Tanja